Feeling stumped over whether to use cloth or disposable diapers? Take a look at the pros and cons of both so you can pick out the one that will works best for your family and child.
- Disposable diapers are very convenient; they can be purchased at just about any grocery or drug store. They are great for traveling since they can just be thrown away and their leak protection is better so you have to make fewer stops.
- There is no additional laundry needed when you use disposable diapers. All of these things add to the convenience of the disposable diaper.
- As we looked at earlier, babies will need their diapers changed a lot and when you consider the cost of a package of disposable diapers you can see how this can add up quickly it is estimated that most parents spend between $1,500 and $2,000 diapering just one child with disposable diapers.
- Disposable diapers are also a big burden on the environment since all those diapers take some time to breakdown; they sit for good periods of time in the eco-system.
- Children are more prone to diaper rashes with disposable diapers because of the chemicals that are used in the diapers to absorb the wetness. This quick absorption also makes it more difficult to potty train a baby from disposable diapers.
Having a baby is one of the most wonderful and fulfilling events in a person’s life, but sometimes the process can take a long time or need a little boost to help make it happen. Instead of going the route of a costly fertility aid such as in vitro fertilization why not first try some natural and over-the-counter fertility supplements that can help guide your body and that of your spouse along the path to pregnancy? The following are some fertility supplement, minerals and vitamins that can help you become pregnant faster and make your dream of a baby a real possibility.
Over-the-Counter Fertility Supplement
FertilAid For Women and Men
This is an over-the-counter fertility supplement that is formulated to enhance fertility and promote reproductive wellness in both men and women. It is a herbal fertility supplement that is doctor-approved and ObGyn-recommended plus the ingredients are scientifically validated.
FertilAid for Men helps supports and promotes the development of healthy sperm, improving the sperm quality as well as increasing sperm count, motility and speed so the sperm has a better chance of living longer and making its way up the vaginal tract to the egg for fertilization.
FertilAid for Women provides all the ingredients of a complete prenatal multivitamin in a fertility supplement that will aid a woman to get pregnant by making her reproductive process as healthy and stable as possible. It helps to restore normal female hormone balance, promote regular ovulation and increase the fertility cycle so that there is a higher chance of fertility.
Natural Fertility Supplements
Folic Acid – This natural supplement helps to aid in fertility of both men and women in a variety of ways such as strengthening the sperm and the neural tube which helps the fetus to grow as well as helping to create healthy DNA for the sperm and egg to mix together properly.
Selenium – This mineral has been linked to a higher risk of miscarriage when a woman is selenium deficient and sperm that aren’t able to move properly (thereby unable to reach the egg) when a man is selenium deficient.
Vitamin E – The vitamin helps in a variety of ways in the body for both men and when that can reduce the risks of infertility or miscarriage. Vitamin E helps to reduce age related ovarian decline in women and helps to combat free radicals which can lower overall sperm count in men.
Zinc – Zinc is an essential part of the body’s function and if a woman is deficient in it their body can have problems with reduced fertility, hormone imbalance and a higher risk of miscarriage. Zinc also aids in high sperm count levels and if a man is deficient male fertility is much lower.
A common misconception about vaginas is that they give off an odor that are somehow unclean or have an health issue involved. In reality vaginas naturally give off a discrete odor every now and then; it is the result of a normal bacterium and pH balance that comes from within the vagina. In most cases that occasional odor is fairly unnoticeable to anyone but the woman, and is simply a natural part of a healthy vagina. However, when vaginas give off a stronger odor that begins to create an unpleasant and fishy scent that is when the vagina might be experiencing an imbalance issue.
What Causes Vaginas to Smell?
Beyond the natural fragrance of a woman’s vagina is that fishy or unpleasant smell that signifies that something is wrong, whether it is a pH imbalance, a vagina infection or something else. Vaginal odor can be caused by a variety of things such as wearing clothing that is too tight , vaginal douching or a reaction to chemicals in common body washes/antibacterial soaps.) Other causes for vaginal odor can be found from a vaginal infections such as a yeast infection or BV (bacterial vaginosis). Infections are caused by an imbalance in the normal pH balance in the body through an introduction of a foreign bacteria or an increase in the bacteria regularly found in the vagina.
How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor
The first thing women want to do when they have a fishy odor is excessively wash the vagina with body washes or use a douche to help stop the odor. It is best to stay away from strong or harsh body washes with a very overpowering fragrance. As for douches, stay away from them as well; just like strong body washes, they keep the vagina from being able to return to a natural pH balance. This can actually make the problem worse as it will keep the vagina from natural restoring the normal pH balance. It is best to simply wash the vagina with water every day and wear loose fitting, cotton underwear to help air flow to the vagina. The vagina has a way to restore the natural pH balance, however if the smell persists it might be caused by an infection that requires a doctor’s help to get the vagina healthy again.
Tips for How to Prevent Vaginal Odor
- Try to stay away from tight fitting clothing, especially pantyhose (if pantyhose are worn wear them one day and then allow a day for the vagina to be able to breathe before wearing them again).
- Do not wash the vagina excessively with fragrant body washes or vaginal douches (water is best for cleaning the vagina).
- During the menstrual cycle change tampons/pads often.
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and foods with a natural bacteria such as yogurt.
Stretch marks are sadly a normal part of life when our bodies grow faster than our skin can keep up with it. Stretch marks are common during pregnancy and while gaining or losing weight. Even though they are a normal part of life doesn’t mean there aren’t ways to reduce or prevent stretch marks on your body. The following are some ways to prevent or reduce the signs of stretch marks so your body looks flawless once again.
- Exercise Regularly – Exercise helps to keep the blood flowing and get the oxygen circulating in your skin which can help your skin retain it elasticity. When your skin has better elasticity it can stretch more without showing marks.
- Nourish Your Skin – Take the time to soak in a hot (or lukewarm for pregnant women) bath with honey mixed in. The honey acts as an attractant to your skin and draw moisture into it, thereby nourishing your skin. If you’re not a bath person, keep a squeeze bottle of honey in your shower and lightly coat your skin with it and then at the end of the shower wash it away with a body wash.
- Massage Lotions and Oils into Your Skin – A wonderful way to avoid or reduce stretch marks is by massaging essential oils like coconut, lavender and almond oil into your skin or shea butter. The oils and the shea butter help to nourish your skin and also provide it with needed nutrients that can help to provide better elasticity for your skin.
- Drink Lots of Water – Water is the stuff of life and it can help you body in both small and large ways such as help your skin retain the right moisture and elasticity to help reduce or prevent stretch marks from occurring.
- Eat Smart – Including vital nutrients such as Zinc, Vitamin E and C and proteins into your diet can help to stimulate collagen production which aids in keeping the skin elasticity and preventing stretch marks.
- Lose or Gain Weight Gradually – Because the cause of stretch marks is the skin being unable to adapt to the quick expansion or reduction of the inner body a good way to avoid those dreaded stretch marks to make the change gradually. For most the process is going to involve losing weight, but gaining weight can have the same effect, so be smart and allow your skin to expand or shrink naturally to keep stretch marks from appearing on the skin.